Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Lee Lorenz Cartoon Collection


OLD FARTS ARE FOREVER, a 128 page softcover collection of Mr. Lorenz's cartoons, arrives in bookstores from Andrews McMeel on September 15, 2009.

From the press release:
Old Farts Are Forever is the fabled cartoonist's first collection. The millions of age-challenged Americans and the masses of New Yorker cartoon fiends who love Lee won't be disappointed.

"I looked in the mirror one day and discovered that after so many years of drawing old farts, I had become one. Old Farts Are Forever is both a celebration of America's favorite minority and an apology to a public I now realize was right all along." --Lee Lorenz
One error: this is NOT "the fabled cartoonist's first collection." There are at least three solo collections preceding this one: HERE IT COMES (1968), NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE (1977), and THE GOLDEN AGE OF TRASH (1981).

Regardless, this is should be a wonderful book and I'm personally happy to see another collection of his work.

Related: Lee Lorenz and Peter Arno

Hat tip to Michael Maslin!

1 comment:

Mark Anderson said...

Hooray! I love Lorenz's stuff! Hooray I say again! HOORAY!!!