Thursday, January 04, 2007

Verbatum from the Advertising World

From the Adverbatims blog site -- these are real comments from the real world of advertising:

#341- "It’s simple really: I want you to come up with something that’s never been done before; something that touches hearts and minds all around the world. Oh, and I need it by 11 tomorrow morning."
(Agency, Marketing Director to Creative team)

#252- "If you host my site on the world wide web, does that mean that anyone anywhere in the world will be able to see it or will I have to pay extra?"
(Client)

#195- "This logo isn’t the right size." - "Well, I have the file open in Photoshop and the dimensions are correct." - "That can’t be right. I’m measuring it and it’s about an 1/8” too small." - "How are you measuring it?" - "I’m holding my ruler up to the monitor."
(Client and Agency, phone conversation reviewing a JPEG)

#128- “Make it wild but conservative!”
(Agency, Account Executive, to Art Director)

#046- “When we talked about a multimedia website, I meant one including animations, video and sound, but I want it to weigh less than 30k.”
(Client, Brand Manager)

No comments: